We know that everyone here is a fan of donuts. Who isn’t? They are the perfect snack for our sweet tooth. But when is National Donut Day? Every first Friday of June is celebrated as National Donut Day. National Donut Day 2021 is on the 4th of June. Well, it is a day where everyone prepares donuts at home to pay their respect to the army who made donuts and served the soldiers in World War 1. Interesting, right? Why not hop onto it and pay our respect by making some yummy donuts at home? If you are willing to do so, stay with us as we will be mentioning an easy, detailed recipe on how to make donuts at home.
List of ingredients that you will need to prepare this delicious, local bakery-like dish are given below:
1. All-purpose flour (preferred - Aashirvaad atta )
2. Amul butter (melted)
3. Powdered sugar - (Preferred - Domino Powdered Sugar)
7. Salt as needed
The recipe to make donuts from scratch:
1. Heat a pan and preheat the oil on a medium flame for a couple minutes.
2. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt and make sure to whisk together properly.
3. Take a separate bowl and add buttermilk and melted butter. Whisk thoroughly.
4. Add this mixture to the flour mix and combine well.
5. Now, make sure to roll the dough with delicate hands into the shape that you want.
6. Place it into the heated oil and let them fry until they are golden brown from both the sides.
7. Take a tissue and wipe out the excessive oil.
8. Dip the donuts into sugar for coating.
Simple and delicious donuts are ready. If you want to go a little overboard and give them a topping, you can choose vanilla donut glaze, chocolate icing, cinnamon, pumpkin spice sugar, and the basic powdered sugar. This way, you have your at-home donuts ready for you to devour on this special day.
Now, if you are in the US, and are wondering about where to get these ingredients from, we have got just the perfect place for you. Quicklly is an online marketplace that offers a range of Indian and regular grocery items at a very decent price. If you are a resident in Chicago, all you need to do is search for "Indian grocery in Chicago" and you will be good to go.
Make your donuts today and enjoy them to the fullest.