Indian pulao is most searched online Indian recipe. It is light non sticky, and delicious, flavorful, also it’s super easy to make. Indian pulao is rice dish mixed with a different types of vegetables and is also mildly flavored with various spices. People hunt for Online Indian food recipe and pulao is one of the easiest Indian recipe. Pulao is also named as pilaf or pulav. This Indian recipe is very easy and it can also be prepared in less than 30 minutes and is very nutritious. In India, they also make a variety of pulao like peas pulao, coconut pulao, methi pulao, palak pulao, beetroot pulao and many more, mostly served with raita, pickle and papad. Here you can order Indian groceries fron online Indian grocery store.
Ingredients for Pulao
- 1 table spoon ghee
- 1 table spoon oil
- 2 green cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 table spoon black peppercorn
- 2 carrots sliced into half moons (about 1 cup)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 25-30 green beans sliced at an angle (about 1 cup)
- 3 green chillies
- 1 onion chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- Crush the Indian spices together (cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon stick, star anise and black pepper corn) and keep aside.
- Add ghee and cumin seeds sauté them for 30 seconds until the cumin seeds change color.
- Add the bay leaf and the crushed spices to the hot oil-ghee combo. Give it a quick stir add the chopped onions and green chilies to it. Saute for 2 minutes until onion turn transparent.
- It's time to add the cup of carrots and green beans to this and also mix them well. Meanwhile, rinse the rice and keep aside.
- Add the rice and water. Mix the rice with the vegetables add some salt and the frozen green peas, close the lid with vent in sealing position.
- Put the pressure cook mode for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- When the instant pot beeps, do a 10 minutes natural pressure release. This means let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then release the pressure manually.
- Adding spices is optional you can either increase or decrease the quantity of spices according to your taste.
- You can also use vegetables of your choice like capsicum, cabbage.
- For basmati rice add 1:1.5 rice : water ratio.