The experience of self-isolation and social distancing has been tough for all of us. Having so many friends and family reunions every now and then, and enjoying delicious recipes with our loved ones now seems like a luxury in these times.
Still, many of us can cook at homes while maintaining proper social distancing yet enjoying the favourite dishes or even trying new Indian recipes.
Many of us have Indian neighbours and we used to love their authentic Indian dishes when the pandemic was not in our world. Are you still willing to taste those dishes and want to explore some popular Indian recipes online? Look no further, MyValue365 brings you a quick guide on 3 easy-to-cook Indian recipes online you can try at home while social distancing.
Before we jump to the detailed recipes, here's a list of online Indian recipes available out there to try at breakfast...
- Tikkis / Cutlets
1. Dal Khichdi
One of the common members of any online Indian recipes, dal khichdi is both easy to make and healthy. Dal khichdi is a one-pot gluten-free vegetarian meal which is necessary for the days like these especially when someone is working from home.
- Wash and soak the dal & rice for 20-30 in regular water. Drain and add these two ingredients in the pressure cooker along with a little bit garam masala, turmeric, salt and water.
- Seal the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles over medium heat.
- Let the pressure release
- Get a frying pan, heat it up, add ghee and asafoetida.
- Pour the cooked mixture of Dal & Rice on the pan and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with Papas, curd or pickle.
2. Indian Style Pasta
Indians love cooking their past in own style. It’s a basic recipe with regular ingredients. And surprisingly, you don’t need to make any sauce for it. You just need to pick up available things in your kitchen and make a pasta out of it. No need to have a fancy grocery shopping parade for this.
Ingredients: Macaroni or Rigati Pasta, oil, tomatoes, onions, green chilli, ginger paste, capsicum, cabbage, salt and cheese if available.
- Get a large pot and boil the pasta perfectly until it moves here and there. (Add salt while boiling).
- Prepare macaroni masala in a pan by adding oil and pouring all the finely cut vegetables in the hot oil.
- After the vegetables turn their colours, add boiled pasta in it and fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cook with lid on top for next 2 minutes.
- Enjoy by grating cheese over it.
3. Egg Bhurji
Made for eggetarians and egg lovers out there. Indians love this shallow fried egg recipe especially when they have friends at home. Very simple to make and easily prepared with available ingredients, people drool over when someone makes egg bhurji at home.
Ingredients: Eggs, onions, tomatoes, oil, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry onions and tomatoes until they shrink.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder in the mixture and stir for 2 minutes
- Pour the eggs in mixture and fry for the next 5 minutes until it gets solid and red.
- Enjoy with Roti, Chapati or Bread.
We hope you have liked the way Indian recipes could be easy to make and healthy. We will be adding a few more recipes in details if you nod yes.
In situations like these, our stores are operating in Chicago, so if you are willing to buy your favourite groceries online, visit our online grocery store.