With Christmas just around the corner, families around the world are gearing up to make the most of the festive season, while still following social distancing norms, in the midst of this pandemic. The magical delight and merriment that accompanies the celebration is second to none. The excitement that the arrival of Santa Claus on a cold, chilly winter Christmas Eve promises is sure to rekindles a child-like joy that is uncontainable.
Irrespective of your age, ethnicity and background, each family has a special holiday tradition that they hold dearly. For many Asian families living in Chicago, it is the joy of sharing hearty meals with their loved ones and their communities. This holds true now than ever before. With guests and family friends soon visiting around the holiday season, you are likely in need of a Christmas Grocery List, to help you with your groceries shopping.
Classic Christmas Meals can include a wide spread of Roast dinners with Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry sauce and Christmas crackers! So, if you’re going down the traditional path, here’s what your christmas grocery list cannot do without:
- Veggies (include a range of fresh produce such as parsnips, carrots, peas and most importantly potatoes)
- Meats of preference
- Bread rolls
- Mince pies
- Whipping Cream
Itching to swap out the tradition with some Indian flavors? Want to switch up Rudolph’s cookies with some mithai? You’re then in need of separate Indian Grocery Shopping List that includes:
- Basmati Rice
- Meats & Poultry of your choice
- Ghee for the taste of pure decadence
- Rose Water for that sprinkle of flavor
- Lentils in all your favorite colors
- Spices galore! (you just cannot do without the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli powders, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, asafetida, turmeric powder, curry leaves, and nutmeg)
- The Indian Grocery Shopping List is certainly incomplete without desserts like Gulab Jamun and Ras Malai
Celebrating Christmas is certainly unique to each family. For some it could be about the spiritual experience, the others could be invested deeply in familial rituals. While there is no one secret recipe for a flawless Christmas meal, there is however a neat trick to make sure it remains hassle-free. You can now order Indian Groceries Online without having to make a special trip to the local Indian grocery store. Quicklly brings you your unique ingredients to your doorstep. So, sit back, and relax. The first step of Christmas shopping is already taken care of.